Here's are some technique tips from watching Kyles Snyder in the 2017 Wrestling World Championships 97kg (213lb) Gold Medal Match vs. Abdulrashid Sadulaev from Russia.
Watch the match on TrackWrestling:
This is an absolutely amazing match between two great wrestlers!!! It would also be fun to analyze Sadulaev, but maybe at a later date.
Let's look at tools Snyder uses to lead scoring opportunities (freestyle scoring)
1) Repeated powerful snap-downs to get angles
2) Power positioning & down blocks on his feet
3) Constant motion & re-attacks to fend off enough of Sadulaev's attacks and score himself
How did Kyle score:
1) re-attack double leg to push-out point
2) snap-down, go-behind takedown
3) double leg to push-out point
4) down-block defense, go-behind takedown -- with the match on the line Snyder uses amazing motion to spin behind Sadulaev